LEGO® Mindstorms EV3 Robotics Level 2
Expose kids to science, engineering and maths through an immersive and hands-on experience with Lego® Robotics. More than just assembling LEGO pieces! Kids will have the opportunity to brainstorm, build and experiment as they programme and bring their robots to life. In doing so they are introduced to graphical based programming software and learn important programming concepts such as sequential execution and decision making.
Parent Highlight! - All parents are invited every Friday at 2.30pm to see what their kids designed and built during camp and understand more about the curriculum from our teachers.
March 12th to 16th - 9am to 3pm each day
Early Bird 10% Discount until Feb 12th
9 to 12 Years Old
Students will have the opportunity to build upn the skills they picked up in the Level 1 course to enable them to solve more challenging missions. These new skills involvel higher order thinking and focuses its attention on application. At the end of this course, students will have learnt how to send an autonomous robot through a challenging mission where sensors and the programming AI will help it navigate and return to base.
- Recap basic robot structural design learnt in Level 1
- Using gears to contruct contraptions that help the robot complete mission objectives
- Recap mounting of sensors learnt in Level 1 and use that skills to mount sensors capable of completing mission objectives
- Recamp EV3 graphical based programming learnt in Level 1
- Using 2 colour sensor for smarter line following
- Using surrounding cues to helprobot detect position and determine next steps
- Breking down of mission objectoves into smaller bite sized chunks, allowing students to prioritize the objectives
Class size: 12 children (1:12 staff to children ratio)
It's all in the price
Discovery Camps has one, all-inclusive price
$595 per child, per week
Here's what you get:
- Camp fees - Monday to Friday, 9am through to 3pm
- Early drop off - From 8.30am a choice of supervised activities until camp begins at 9am
- Food - Lunch, morning and afternoon snacks plus a wide range of dietary needs
- A Discovery Camps T-Shirt
- All your kids' supplies - whether art materials for English Explorers or a laptop for Code Academy
- Parent Showcase - You're invited every Friday
- Flexibility - you may change dates up to 10 days before the start of your camp subject to availability
Call us for any concern regarding shipping and returns.