9 to 12 Years Old
LEGO® Mindstorms EV3 Robotics Level
More than just assembling LEGO pieces! Kids will be introduced to the Mindstorms graphical based programming software and learn important programming concepts such as sequential execution, and decision making. By the end of the camp week, students will have learnt how to build an autonomous robot that can respond to its surroundings using various sensors!
- Basic robot structural design
- Gear ratios, speed and power control, and drive precision
- Creating a bumper in front of robot
- Mounting of sensors
- Introduction to EV3 graphical based programming
- Robot movement (by rotation sensor and timing control)
- Accurate movement control
- Decision making and code repetition
- Using Ultrasonic Sensor to detect obstacles
- Using Touch Sensor to control robot
- Using Light Sensor to perform line tracing
Lunch, morning and afternoon snacks are included in the cost of your camp. What's more the food is cooked fresh and delivered daily by Michelin Star Celebrity Chef Emmanuel Stroobant.
Check out our sample healthy food menu HERE.
If your kid is a vegetarian or doesn’t/can’t eat beef, pork, seafood, dairy or eggs, that’s cool. Just tell us beforehand in your child’s details online when you book. If your kid has a nut allergy, don’t worry, Discovery Camps has a no nut policy.
We offer a highly convenient, safe, and secure bus service to and from camp, calling 19 bus stops around the island.
Please note this bus service is only available from our SJI International location.
Click HERE for all the info.
Please also check out our FAQs page, and if you can't find what you're looking for, call us or drop us an email.
Summer Holiday Dates 2019
|Camp Weeks||Dates||Location||Topics for 9 to 12|
|Week 2||10 to 14 June||United Square||Level 2|
|Week 4||24 to 28 April||SJI International||Level 2|
All camp weeks run Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm.
To check camp availability click HERE
Call us for any concern regarding shipping and returns.